“Residual income is passive income that comes in every month whether you show up or not. It’s when you no longer get paid on your personal efforts alone, but you get paid on the efforts of hundreds or even thousands of others and on the efforts of your money! It’s one of the keys to financial freedom and time freedom.” – Steve Fisher
Passive income target of £10,800 or ₱713,000 (net) per annum by year 10.
Why 10 years?
This is more like a pit stop for us to see how we are progressing.
- Market growth of 5-6% per annum
- FX Rate of £1.00 = P66.00
- Rent increase that is inflation-linked + 1% per annum
- Zero debt (no gearing on our invested capital)
What’s excluded (Non-Liquid and Active Income)
- Matched betting
- Side hustles
- SIPP Dividends (not available until Mr. C2B reaches 57)
- Trading Profits
What’s included (Liquid and Passive Income)
- Rental Income (Philippines)
- Dividend Income (Philippines)
- Dividend Income (UK ISA)
Goal:Year 10 annual passive income target of £6,800 or P448,000
- Invest in Rental properties in the Philippines.
- Invest the money received from rental properties on dividend growth companies listed in the PSE (Philippine Exchange). By year 10, we should expect an annual dividend income of £2,100 or P140,000
- Increase Rent by 3% per annum. By year 10, we should expect to receive £4,700 or P322,000.
Goal: Year 10 annual passive income target of £4,000 or P264,000
- Build up our ISA account to £100,000. By year 10, we should expect an annual dividend income of £4,000.